- Originally a 7th round (251st pick overall) draft choice by the Oakland Raiders in 2010…Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 4, 2010…Signed to the Raiders’ practice squad on Sept. 6, 2010…Signed to Oakland’s active roster on Sept.18, 2010…Waived on Sept. 21, 2010…Signed to the Raiders’ practice squad on Sept., 23, 2010…Signed to the Raiders’ active roster on Sept. 25, 2010… Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 3, 2011…Assigned via waivers to the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 4, 2011…Waived by the Panthers Sept. 7, 2011…Signed by the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 21, 2011…Signed by the Giants as a free agent on April 3, 2012...Signed by the Giants as a free agent on August 31, 2015.
- Originally a 7th round (251st pick overall) draft choice by the Oakland Raiders in 2010…Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 4, 2010…Signed to the Raiders’ practice squad on Sept. 6, 2010…Signed to Oakland’s active roster on Sept.18, 2010…Waived on Sept. 21, 2010…Signed to the Raiders’ practice squad on Sept., 23, 2010…Signed to the Raiders’ active roster on Sept. 25, 2010… Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 3, 2011…Assigned via waivers to the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 4, 2011…Waived by the Panthers Sept. 7, 2011…Signed by the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 21, 2011…Signed by the Giants as a free agent on April 3, 2012.
- Has played in 39 games with 12 starts for 3 teams…Career totals include 106 tackles (91 solo), 13 passes defensed, 8 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 27 special teams tackles.
- In 2013, missed the entire season after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament in a preseason game vs. the Jets on Aug. 24…Was placed on injured reserve the following day...Underwent surgery on Sept. 5.
- In 2012, played in all 16 games with 11 starts at strong safety in his NFL breakout season…Led the team and was tied for 2nd in the NFL with 8 interceptions…Also had a team-high 11 passes defensed…Was 5th on the Giants with 71 tackles (62 solo)… Brown was twice selected NFC Defensive Player of the Week. He was honored after his Week 8 performance at Dallas, where he intercepted 2 passes, recovered a fumble and had 6 solo tackles in a victory over the Cowboys. Brown was cited a 2nd time after the Giants’ Week 17 rout of Philadelphia, when he had 6 tackles and, on the 5th play of the game, intercepted a Michael Vick pass and returned it 48 yards to the Eagles’ 26-yard line. Four plays later, Eli Manning threw a touchdown pass to Rueben Randle, and the Giants were on their way to a 42-7 triumph… Brown was the 1st Giants safety to receive 2 Player of the Week awards in 1 season and the team’s 1st defensive back to be honored twice in 1 year since cornerback Jason Sehorn in 1997.
- Brown’s 8 interceptions were the most by a Giant since Willie Williams had 10 in 1968…His 307 interception return yards broke the former Giants’ single-season record of 251, set by Hall of Famer Emlen Tunnell in 1949 and matched by Dick Lynch in 1963…Brown’s 307 yards were the most by an NFL player since New Orleans’ Darren Sharper had 376 in 2009…Brown twice intercepted 2 passes in a game. The last Giant with a pair of 2-interception games in a season was Percy Ellsworth in 1998…Brown had 5 interception returns of more than 40 yards, the highest total by an NFL player since Ed Reed had 5 in 2004…Brown’s 70-yard interception return vs. New Orleans on Dec. 9 was the longest by a Giant since Kevin Dockery’s 96-yarder at Dallas on Oct. 23. 2006.
- Brown had a career-high 9 tackles (7 solo) vs. Pittsburgh (11/4), 8 tackles (7 solo) vs. New Orleans (12/9) and 8 tackles (6 solo) at Atlanta (12/16).
- Made his 1st start for the Giants at strong safety vs. Cleveland (10/7) due to injury to
Kenny Phillips...Recorded 3 solo tackles, 1 pass defensed, 1 interception and his 1st
career fumble recovery…Got 1st career interception, which he returned 44 yards, at
Carolina (9/20)...Had 2 special teams tackles in Giants debut vs. Dallas (9/5).
- In 2011, Brown played in 8 games with the Colts and was credited with 5 tackles (4 solo) on special teams…His season ended on Nov. 29, when he was placed on injured reserve with a quad injury.
- In 2010, Brown played in 15 games with 1 start for the Raiders and had 30 tackles (25 solo) and 2 passes defensed…Tied for 2nd on the team with 15 special teams tackles…Had a season-high 4 tackles at San Diego (12/5)…Made his 1st career start in season finale at Kansas City (1/2).
- Four-year letterwinner and 2-year starter at Michigan…Made 12 starts at safety
in 2008 and 12 starts at linebacker in 2009…Played in 50 consecutive games…Contributed
186 tackles, 9.5 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks during career...Also recovered 3
fumbles, forced 4 fumbles, batted down 11 passes and intercepted 4 passes...Had 31
career special teams tackles…As a senior, was a team captain and the Roger Zatkoff Award winner as Michigan’s top linebacker...Started all 12 games at safety as a junior and was credited with 64 tackles.
- Attended a sports clinic hosted by the Giants at the Newtown Sports Academy, providing a day of fun for Newtown, Conn. families affected by the Sandy Hook School tragedy…Greeted fans at the Giants Draft Day Party at MetLife Stadium…Attended the Play60 Challenge Kickoff event at Tenafly (N.J.) Middle School…Attended the Giants Hometown Huddle event at Tenafly Middle School, where he helped unveil a new fitness center that was installed at the school by the Giants…Served a meal at the Community Kitchen in Harlem as part of the Giants Thanksgiving outreach initiatives…Attended a Play60 School visit at Washington School in Lodi, N.J. to encourage students to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Was a 4-year starter at Columbus East (Ind.) High School...Limited to
3 games as a senior due to an ankle injury...Rushed 43 times for 199 yards and scored 4 touchdowns in senior year...Added 6 catches for 125 yards and 3 touchdowns...
Gained 1,700 all-purpose yards and scored 17 touchdowns as a junior…First team all-state as a senior and a member of the Indiana Football Coaches Association Top-50…Participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.